Please see the information below as is being shared by Illinois Association of School Boards (IASB). The Unit Office hopes to have nominating petition paperwork from the County Clerk's Office in coming days.
- 2023 Candidate's Guide as issued by the Illinois State Board of Elections (Candidate Checklist—pg. 12; Contributions/Expenses and Disclosure—pg. 19-20; Board of Education Members Guide and Petition Forms—pg. 42-43).
- Qualifications and Characteristics of School Board Candidates offers points for consideration and preparation for school board service, including characteristics of effective school board members.
- How School Boards Work provides insights into the functions of boards of education.
- Coming soon: Key Dates for School Board Candidates will cover the process from the first day to circulate nominating petitions through the December filing dates, April election, and organization of the board.
IASB will host a series of livestream webinars this fall for candidates and potential candidates for local school boards in 2023. The livestream will be available from www.iasb.com/livestream at the dates and times listed below:
- September 15 at noon - How to Navigate Running for School Board: Petition Circulation
- October 22 at noon - How to Navigate Running for School Board: The Statement of Economic Interests
- November 30 at 6:30 p.m. - How to Navigate Running for School Board: Petition Filing
- December 8 at noon - How to Navigate Running for School Board: Understanding the Board Member's Role